Researchers and doctors are still exploring ginger’s benefits, though, but here are some most-claimed benefits:
▪ Ginger has antihistamine property, which helps in treating respiratory problems and allergies.
▪ Ginger juice and honey have been the ultimate remedy for cough and cold since ages as its root has a warming effect that lowers fever and pain, and terminates cough.
▪ Ginger eases the movement of food in our digestive system resulting in treating stomach flu and indigestion. It also helps in curing food poisoning.
▪ Ginger has also been claimed to treat arthritis pain.
▪ Ginger has fantastic other properties that help in treating muscle and joint pain.
▪ Many researchers and doctors claim that ginger has helped treat nausea and vomiting after one goes through chemotherapy in some cases.
▪ Ginger also helps maintain BP levels and decrease sugar levels, leading to a healthy life.
▪ Many women and girls have stated that ginger intake has lessened the pain during menstruation and that they experience fewer menstrual cramps.
Ginger has many incredible beauty benefits known to a few people, and that is why we are here to make you aware of the secret benefits that ginger can do to your skin.
▪ Ginger has to tone properties that help reduce the faded scars or the scars that are lighter than your skin tone.
All you have to do is, take a fresh slice of ginger and pat them against the scar till it gets wet by its juice and let it dry. Doing this once or twice a day will do the work.
▪ Ginger is rich with 40 antioxidant properties that refresh the skin when applied. It increases the circulation of nutrients to your skin and prevents free radical damage resulting in anti-aging. Ginger helps in toning the skin evenly and enhances your look.
For refreshing your skin, you need to apply a mask of grated/powdered ginger, honey, and fresh lemon or have a tea of the same ingredients.
▪ Ginger heals the burnt area and rejuvenates the skin. This can be done by applying fresh ginger juice or a fresh slice of ginger on the burnt area at least twice or thrice a day. You will see excellent results in 6 to 9 weeks of applying.
▪ Ginger has a potent antiseptic property that helps clean your skin and remove acne and other skin problems.
You can have clear and clean skin by applying fresh ginger juice on your face.
Other than healing pains, treating several problems, and refreshing your skin, ginger has several benefits for your hair.
▪ Ginger has antiseptic properties and hence encounters dandruff efficiently.
To get rid of dandruff, apply grated ginger and three parts of olive oil onto your scalp.
▪ If you have hair-loss complaints, ginger is your savior. It not only prevents hair loss but also helps in its growth. It increases circulation to the scalp, which is essential for hair growth.
▪ Ginger also helps in treating split-ends caused due to pollution and strengthens your hair strand, making it stronger.
There are 4 ways of applying ginger on your hair:
1. Ginger juice
2. Ginger oil
3. Ginger hair mask
You won’t believe that it has been stated that ginger has helped in fighting off cancer to some extent. To be more specific, gastrointestinal cancer. Gingerol in ginger reduces cancer-cell growth and helps in treating it.
Constipation and bloating are some other problems that are cured by ginger.
Some chronic diseases are also cured by having ginger every day in your meal or as a supplement, especially hypertension and coronary heart disease.
Ginger has helped cure and treats migraines.
Even though there are several benefits of ginger, but can do many side-effects if it overdoses.
▪ You can experience stomach discomfort.
▪ Diarrhea, dermatitis, and cardiac arrhythmias are some diseases that can be experienced.
▪ You can experience mouth or throat irritation that is heartburn.
▪ Many women and girls have complained of increased menstrual bleeding.
Adding in your meal
Now that you know, ginger is an essential part of your meal and has various benefits. You should be aware of how to have them in your meal because natural products are always better than supplements.
You can have ginger in any form, raw, boiled, grated or powdered, etc. Here are some ways to get benefits of ginger in a natural way instead of having capsules or other medical forms.
▪ Ginger tea
▪ Ginger juice
▪ Salad and soups
▪ Sushi with ginger
▪ Hot ginger milk
▪ Candied ginger, especially for children.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who should avoid taking ginger?
People with critical heart conditions, diabetes, or gallstones should always consult with a doctor before adding into a meal.
2. Does ginger cause hair loss?
No way, instead ginger helps in hair growth by increasing circulation to the scalp. But under certain conditions, ginger may cause hair loss. If you are experiencing such an issue, consult a doctor.
3. How much ginger should we take?
In a day, you can take up to 4g of ginger in any form. But if the limit exceeds, it might harm your health.
4. Is ginger safe during pregnancy?
Pregnant ladies should be careful, as an overdose of ginger may cause a miscarriage or other issues.
5. How many cups of ginger tea should one take in a day?
You can take up to 3-4 cups of ginger tea in a day. Always remember that the limit of 4g must not exceed.
6. What is the best time to have ginger tea?
Having ginger tea within 30 minutes of waking up is extremely beneficial as it not only ends overnight fast but also charges up your metabolism preventing nausea.
7. Does ginger affect our immunity?
Yes. Ginger helps improve our immunity system as it is rich in vitamins and minerals and has 40 antioxidant properties.
In this article, we have tried to provide enough information regarding the benefits of ginger and its side effects. Remember, anything that exceeds the limit is harmful. And in any serious medical issue, always consult with your doctor before applying it.